Old CUSAC and Dundjinni Forum Archives

This section is updated at the start of each new month and includes ALL object files & maps uploaded by every member of the board.

Bogie

Re: Old CUSAC and Dundjinni Forum Archives

Post by Bogie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Just as a trial run I wanted to download one of CUASC archives. It downloaded an exe file, and when I ran it my virus software blocked it because the archive wanted full access to my computer. When I over-road that, the archive wanted to install software on my computer. I was just expecting a bunch of art files I could look at. I am not comfortable with this installing something on my computer with no explanation of what it was doing, where it is putting the program or why.
I Imagine others are going to have these same concerns.
Can you post a brief explanation of what's going on with the archives, and what it is doing?
Thanks.
You can see more of my maps at my DeviantArt Gallery: http://bogie-dj.deviantart.com/gallery/

Daniel Pryor
Site Admin

Post by Daniel Pryor » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Bogie wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 pm
Just as a trial run I wanted to download one of CUASC archives. It downloaded an exe file, and when I ran it my virus software blocked it because the archive wanted full access to my computer. When I over-road that, the archive wanted to install software on my computer. I was just expecting a bunch of art files I could look at. I am not comfortable with this installing something on my computer with no explanation of what it was doing, where it is putting the program or why.
I Imagine others are going to have these same concerns.
Can you post a brief explanation of what's going on with the archives, and what it is doing?
Thanks.
The CSUAC archives (which are woefully outdated btw) want to "install" art packs into the dundjinni software, making it a part of the program. There are no viruses or any other things to wrry about but It will do a "install" beause some of it is in .djx format, not just .png. Personally I think all you have to do is download all the forum archives here and you'll get pretty much everything from the old dundjinni monthly archives as well the CSUAC but the archives are organized by me, not someone who created the CSUAC. I hope this clears up your question Bogie.

Also, I do not recommend installing the artpacks if you already have a bunch of art files that you have organized and do not want to have duplicates, etc. for someone just starting out, go for it.

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Thanks Dan, I thought that might be the case but I was confused by the way it was doing it. Thanks for clearing that up.
You can see more of my maps at my DeviantArt Gallery: http://bogie-dj.deviantart.com/gallery/